Office of Alcoholism and
Substance Abuse Services
St. Lawrence Addiction Treatment Center is a 40 bed inpatient rehabilitation program. St. Lawrence recognizes psychoactive substance dependence as a treatable disease. St. Lawrence is medically supervised and staffed by a multidisciplinary treatment team. Evidence based practices such as Motivational Interviewing and various types of Cognitive Behavioral therapies are used at the program. The evidence based practices used at the ATC help patients navigate, embrace and overcome the challenges associated for someone in the early stages of recovery. Patients are at the very center of their treatment including helping to develop their own treatment plans, discharge plans and relapse prevention plans. Patients also work with staff to assess their own strengths, needs and abilities. St. Lawrence ATC also provides medication assisted therapies to include the use of Buprenorphine, Naltrexone and Acamprosate.
- St. Lawrence *
For your safety and the safety of others, the ATC staff will inspect you and your belongings upon admission and discharge.
WHAT TO BRING. In preparation for your stay, we suggest you pack the following:
- 2 towels and 2 wash cloths shower shoes
- 4-5 changes of clothing
- 1 lightweight jacket (in cool/warm weather)
- Warm coat, gloves and hat (in cold weather) – hats, caps, hoods cannot be worn inside building except for medical/religious purposes
- 2 pairs shoes (include casual shoes as sneakers; boots (in winter) – no slides or backless sandals, flip-flops allowed only from bedroom to bathroom and back
NOTE: All clothing/footwear deemed not appropriate or to be an excessive amount will be stored until discharge.
- Prescribed medications
- Clear water bottle
- Picture ID and Insurance Cards
- $1 bills for vending machine (optional)
WHAT NOT TO BRING. A number of items are prohibited at the ATC. These are some:
- Cell Phones/Cameras/MP3 players/Laptops/Tablets or E-readers
- Controlled substances and narcotic medications (except with prior approval by ATC)
- Non-prescribed illegal and over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements or any drug paraphernalia (Will be destroyed/thrown away or turned over to legal authorities)
- Food (including candy or gum) beverages
- Nicotine products, including e-cigarettes
- Matches, lighters, candles
- Alcohol beverages and products (mouthwash, perfume, cologne, etc.)
- Aerosol and propellant spray can products
- Sexually explicit and violent material
- Personal blankets, pillows, stuffed animals or other bedding materials
- Electric Razors, hair clippers, nail clippers, compact mirrors
- Pencil sharpeners
- Knitting/crochet needles.
- Personal Care Items: Shampoo, soap, shaving cream, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste – These items will be supplied by the ATC.