NIM Chronic Pain Program
Are you suffering from chronic pain?
We welcome you to participate in our chronic pain study that offers you an opportunity to receive support from our collaborative team of health practitioners who provide clinical nutritional consultation, clinical psychology, yoga therapy and music therapy. Our innovative integrative model places patients in the center surrounded by a team of support which incorporates non-pharmacologic strategies and principles of evidence-based complementary and integrative health therapies for the management and reduction of pain and associative symptoms. Our integrative health program includes:
- Integrative Health Care Consultations
- Integrative Clinical Nutritional Counseling conducted by SRAB Naturopathic Doctors who are Certified Naturopathic Physicians (Canada, USA, UK)
- Integrative Clinical Psychology based in Compassionate Focused Therapy (CFT) v. 2.0 of Cognitive Based Therapy (CBT)
- Integrative Stress Resilience which includes Yoga Alliance E-200 Certified Yoga Therapy and SRAB Music Therapy
- Integrative Physical Medicine that includes SRAB Massage and Acupuncture
6 Week Program: Wednesdays September 13 – October 25th/ 6 consultations/treatments plus 2 evening group sessions
Location: NIM Clinic at Lægerne Balslev almen medicin klinniken at Østerbrogade 94, 1
Hours of Operation: 9:00 – 16:00 (clinical visits) 17:00 – 20:00 (stress resilience group sessions)
- Gastrointestinal (ie. Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS)
- Cancer (ie. Late Consequential Symptoms of Radiation and Chemotherapy)
- Heart (ie. Angina, High Blood Pressure)
- Menopause (ie. Hot Flashes, Sleep Disturbance)
- Physical injury/trauma (ie. Back/Neck, Migraine, Brain/Concussion)
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be available on Wednesdays
- Must be experiencing some form of chronic pain (including associative stress, anxiety and depression)
- Must not have severe mental illness
What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
A naturopathic doctor medically look at this cascade of symptoms to determine what went wrong, and why. Symptoms are the body’s warning signs signifying on a deeper level something is not functioning as it should. Naturopathic doctors aim to identify the root cause of illnesses.
With a preventative approach to health, the cornerstone of naturopathic care, is a focus on nutrition with an emphasis that food may provide powerful medicine. In addition, key pillars that support the bodies innate ability to heal are: movement, connection, purpose, and relaxation. The holistic therapies that are utilized in practice include:
- Clinical Nutrition- assessment of nutritional status, nutritional requirements, food sensitivities, and the use of nutritional supplementation such as vitamins and minerals.
- Physical Medicine: acupuncture, soft tissue mobilization and massage, hydrotherapy, and therapeutic exercise.
- Lifestyle Counselling-diet and meal planning, exercise regiments, stress management, and sleep.
- Botanical Medicine-the use of herbs as teas, tinctures, and topical applications at therapeutic doses, individually tailored.
Our Naturopathic Doctors
Our naturopathic doctors are licensed doctors trained in Canada holding specialized credentials that are strictly regulated by a governing body that requires these doctors (by law) to follow a specific scope of practice. These regulatory bodies include: The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), and the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
The mission of Nordic Integrative Medicine is to “move healthcare into sustainability” by becoming the leading provider of global information on the scientific evidence for Integrative Medicine and the green healthcare model for Scandinavia and Europe that catalyzes a sustainable future for medicine and empowers people to create flourishing lives.