Mills Reef Winery Restaurant
Mills Reef Winery was established in 1989 by the Preston family. Through commitment and dedication to excellence, the Mills Reef brand has established itself as one of New Zealand’s premium labels with a particular reputation for outstanding Bordeaux varietal reds and Syrah.
The winery is located on 20 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in a semi-rural setting, just 5 minutes drive from Tauranga’s CBD. The complex boasts full winemaking and bottling facilities, two underground barrel cellars, an aged wine cellar, and spacious wine tasting areas. An award winning 150 seat restaurant completes the picture, providing a wonderful ambience for a-la-carte dining, weddings, functions and conferences.
Mills Reef Wines are produced from superior grapes grown in the Hawkes Bay region, they are hand crafted by our winemaking team in Tauranga, New Zealand, employing 100% sustainable practices throughout the winemaking process, from vine to glass. Our wines are produced under three ranges, each with their own winemaking philosophy and stylistic bent. READ MORE on our WINES
Discover Experience Enjoy
Mills Reef’s art-deco style restaurant is purpose designed for dining in an ambience which compliments fine wine and cuisine. The restaurant offers relaxed outdoor dining on glorious sunny Bay Of Plenty days. The award-winning cuisine is best described as Antipodean/Pacific-rim style, blending the best of local produce and latest culinary innovations. READ MORE on the Restaurant
A Destination for your occasion
Mills Reef has many facilities to accommodate your special event or function. Whether you require a memorable venue for your special day, a conference venue or function room with a difference, Mills Reef can cater for your every requirement. A more quality venue so close to the city centre would be difficult to find. READ MORE on Weddings | CONFERENCES | FUNCTIONS
- Six Nations Wine Challenge 2016 DOUBLE GOLD Elspeth Merlot 2013
- Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Competition 2016 SILVER Reserve Cabernet Merlot 2014
- Mundus Vini 2016 GOLD Elspeth Cabernet Merlot 2013
- Hawkes Bay Wine Awards 2016 GOLD Reserve Syrah 2015
- Winestate Magazine 2016 5 stars Elspeth Chardonnay 2014
- International Wine Challenge 2016 GOLD Elspeth Trust Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Royal Easter Show Wine Awards 2017 GOLD Reserve Syrah 2015
- Sam Kim 5 stars (95 points) Elspeth Cabernet Franc 2013
- Recommended by Cuisine 2017 4 stars / Best Buy Estate Pinot Gris 2016
- Bob Campbell 2016 5 stars / 95 pts Elspeth Chardonnay 2014
- Bob Campbell 2016 5 stars Elspeth Trust Vineyard Syrah 2013
- International Wine Challenge 2016 GOLD Elspeth Merlot 2013
- International Wine Challenge 2016 TROPHY Elspeth Cabernet Merlot 2013
- San Francisco Wine Competition 2017 GOLD Elspeth Syrah 2013
Join Our Mailing List Be “in the know” before anyone else and sign up today. You’ll receive newsletters, information of interest, upcoming events or, occasionally, special pricing.