Skip to content
- Georgia Tech is ranked #7 among public universities in the country. and #66out of 1,000 universities from 60 countries by U.S. News World Report.
- Tech s industrial engineering program has been ranked #1 for more than two decades. All 10 of the undergraduate engineering programs, and all 11 graduate engineering programs are in the top 10. Georgia Tech s graduate computer science program also ranks in the top 10 .
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings names Georgia Tech s Computer Science program #5 in the world.
- The Guardian s QS World University Rankings ranks Georgia Tech as #18 in both the United States and the world for architecture and the built environment. and Planetizen ranks Georgia Tech as the #7 urban planning graduate program in the United States.
Campus Atmosphere & Athletics
- Georgia Tech s beautiful 400-acre. tree-lined campus is located in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Our strong work ethic is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating sports, campus traditions, more than 400 student organizations. and more than 50 Greek organizations .
- Our NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics program is one of the oldest and most renowned in the country, and Tech students are passionate cheerleaders for their beloved Yellow Jackets, who compete in 17 different sports .
- For the larger student body, Tech s 20 intramural sports. 43 sports clubs. and one of the bestoutdoor recreation programs in the country offer year-round action.
- Georgia Tech is one of the South s largest industrial and engineering research agencies.
- The Institute plays a leading role in the Georgia Research Alliance, a centerpiece of the state s economic development strategy.
- Research is conducted for industry and government by the Georgia Tech Research Institute, various academic schools and departments, and more than 100 interdisciplinary research units.
High Investment Returns
- Tech is ranked #1 for annual return on investment (in-state) by PayScale.com.
- The Center for Career Discovery and Development is one of the nation s most successful and innovative university career support offices for its recruitment and job placement.
- Upon graduation in spring 2017, 76 percent of undergraduate students had already been offered a job, and 84 percent of those who had applied to graduate school had been accepted.
- The Institute is consistently ratedamong the top universities in the nation for graduation of underrepresented minorities in engineering, computer science, and architecture.
- With more than 60 chartered student organizations exploring religious, racial, sexual, and ethnic identity (but open to all), our students find a way to celebrate, strengthen, and share their part of the robust cultural melting pot that thrives in our community.
Creating the Next
- Georgia Tech s VentureLab ranks as the #2 university business incubator in the world by UBI Index. VentureLab is also #1 among early-phase university incubators and #1 among university incubators supporting a broad range of technologies.
- The Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) is recognized by Forbes magazine as one of 12 incubators changing the world. Founded in 1980, ATDC is the oldest technology incubator in the U.S. with more than $2 billion raised by 150 graduates.
- Georgia Tech Research Corporation is #32 on the list of Top 100 Worldwide Universities Granted U.S. Utility Patents in 2016.